Session 4: Christian Owners and Managers
Your mission: Draft a mission statement that pertains to the work you do.
Small Group Discussion of Mission Control
- How would you define the work you do?
- What particular skills, abilities, or passions do you bring to your work?
- What does it look like, feel like, sound like when you do your work well? (These could be random words or phrases to describe the experience.)
- What is your company’s mission statement?
- How does your work help people, contribute to society, or make the world a better place?
- How has God used you for his purposes in your working day?
- Are there particular people, people-groups, or types of outreach that you think your work could benefit in a God-inspired way?
Consider putting together a Work Mission Statement using 1-3 sentences from some of your responses.
EXAMPLES: As the owner of a web design company, my mission is to provide quality products and services to my customers, and a calm and peaceful atmosphere for my students, and opportunities for growth for my team. My work enables people to provide for their families and creates an environment where people can come together in community. I seek to display God’s compassion and grace to all I serve.
If you aren’t a business owner or manager,
Working as a freelancer from home, my mission is to provide peace, comfort, and order to people who are stressed, overworked, or confused with the technical side of their websites. My work enables business owners to use their entrepreneurial gifts more effectively. I seek to radiate God’s love as I do this.