Session 3: Christian Employees
1 Samuel 10:6–7
“The Spirit of the LORD will come powerfully upon you . . . and you will be changed into a different person. Once these signs are fulfilled, do whatever your hand finds to do, for God is with you.”
Small Group Discussion of Moving on Up
How might these verses affect your attitude at work?
How do these qualities play out in your workplace?
How would this affect the way you work at your job?
What working principles do you see here? How could this affect the way you work?
What kind of attitude should we have as Christians? And what attitude shouldn’t we have?
What happens when we adopt this Christ-like attitude in business?
- According to verse 13, whose “purpose” are we fulfilling?
- How would your workplace change if there were no “grumbling or arguing” (14)?
- When we adopt these Christ-like attitudes and practices, what effect do we have on those around us—even if they don’t know Jesus? How does verse 15 describe us?
How can you “seek the peace and prosperity” of the company to which God has carried you?
“What are you doing with the resources and the strengths and the gifts God has given you? Are you using them to serve yourself? Or are you leveraging those things to serve others?”
View all posts in this series
- “Work As Worship” Series Preview - June 2, 2016
- Work As Worship: The Big Picture - June 9, 2016
- Work As Worship: Up in My Business - June 16, 2016
- Work As Worship: Moving on Up - June 23, 2016
- Work As Worship: Mission Control - June 30, 2016
- Work As Worship: Worth Your Salt - July 7, 2016
- Work As Worship: Workship - July 14, 2016