Wow. Wasn’t last weeks spiritual inventory test a lot of fun? No matter how many times I take that test, the results always amaze me. Did you try using your spiritual gift during this last week? What kind of results di you have?
This week we are going to twist things up and take a look into the darker side of our spiritual gifts. We will learn to recognize how, when and why we are uniquely tempted.
Week 5 Lesson:
Scripture: Matthew 26:31-34 (TNIV)
Then Jesus told them, This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written: ‘I will strike the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’ But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee.” Peter replied, “Even if all fall away on account of you, I never will.” “Truly, I tell you,: Jesus answered, “this very night, before the rooster crows, youwill disown me three times.”
~ Matthew 26:31-34 (TNIV)
- How can a gift be used for darker purposes?
- Read Psalm 1:1-3
1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither — whatever they do prospers.
- In these verses, what role does integrity play in a purpose-filled life?
- What external environments tend to create more of a temptation (stressful environments, isolated environments, or groups of people)?
- What role does your personality play in your tempatations?
- How has your temptation become a roadblock in your spiritual growth?
This Weeks Challenge:
- Read 1 Corinthians 10:13.
- What steps does this verse give us to overcome temptations?
- What is my “way out” concerning some of the temptations that I have faced?
This completes the UniQue Study!
We sincerely pray that your life has been richly blessed and enriched over the last several weeks.
May it continue with you in the days ahead as you seek God!
Next week we begin our study of “The Bible” TV mini-series. The Bible mini-series is a 5 week, 10-hour mini-series which originally aired beginning on 3 March 2013 on the History and Lifetime channels. Check for replays to watch or if you would like to purchase the series on DVD visit: The History Channel.